ABOUT IMO DCS
These amendments consist of a three-step approach:
- The collection and reporting of fuel oil consumption data for each type of fuel used on board (the stage to be implemented in 2019).
- Analysis of the fuel oil consumption data used on board that was collected on the previous step.
- Decision-making on further measures regarding the data and the analysis made on the previous steps.
The deadlines for this new regulation are as follows:
SHIPS & VOYAGES
The regulation is applied to all ships of 5,000 GT and above engaged on international voyages. Nevertheless, there are exemptions:
- Ships engaged on domestic voyages;
- Ships not propelled by mechanical means and Platforms, including FPSOs, FSUs and drilling rigs.
Owners and operators must consider:
- Develop and assess a SEEMP for each ship;
- Collect data (annual reports on fuel oil consumption data, hours underway and distance travelled) during the reporting period and submit to the Administration or any organization duly authorized by it;
- Keep on board the Statement of Compliance proving the compliance with IMO-DCS.