INTEGRATED TORQUE METER
Although a variety of key performance indicators can be used to improve ship performance, none is as direct, and produces such a direct correlation, as the complementary use of shaft power, torque and thrust meter, allowing the complete understanding where performance inefficiencies are.
The Optipower is capable of measuring the Torque, Speed and Power transmitted by the propulsion shafting.
The system is ideal to measure the propulsion plant performance, therefore a tool to comply with ISO 19030 and MRV.
Optipower Plus signals of Torque, Thrust and Power may be visualized and logged into a color touchscreen, therefore resulting in a very economical solution to monitor basic ship performance.
Although for a complete monitoring of vessel performance and outstanding information and ship energy management Optipower can be connected to VEEO MK4, a Seatrade Award Winner for Cleaning Shipping (London, 2012).
HOW DOES IT REALLY WORK
OPTIPOWER MK4 – MAIN UNIT
- RS 232 Diagnostic and Configuration Connection;
- Power Suply: 110Vac/230Vac (at 60 Hz or 50) or 120 Vdc;
- Power Consumption: 25 W maximum;
- Electrical Protection: Overload/Over Voltage/Auto-recovery after fault condition;
- Input: 2.4 GHz (fully encrypted signal);
- Analog Output Signals: 4-20 mA (Torque, Thrust, Power, Speed and Direction);
- Communications Protocol: Serial Protocol ( RS485) – Proprietary NMEA0183 String;
- Dimensions: 152 x 152 x 102 mm;
- Operating Temperature: – 20ºC to 70ºC;
- Fault detection and alarm.